Saturday, February 6, 2010

Thing 8 - Flakes are Good Things to Have

I never would have thought having flakes would be a good thing. But it is. Pageflakes that is. Pageflake is a way to build a customized start page. There are others of these out there, but I think Pageflakes are head and shoulders above the rest.

With Pageflakes I can have all the important information that I like all on one page - news headlines, weather, wikipedia, calculator, calendar, word of the day, travel, maps, to-do lists, local news feeds, unit converters. All of these things are the flakes. They come in a little box that I can put anywhere I want on the web page.

There are hundreds of these flakes that I can put on my page. I didn't have time to browse through all of the choices. But once I do, I can really see a nice repertoire of items. So when time permits I plan on getting more and more flakes.

1 comment: