Saturday, January 16, 2010

Thing 1 - Why 23 Things?

One might think the sole reason to do this 23 things activity is to get my required tech hours in. Or to win that cool prize of a USB/MP3 player. But I feel learning this technology becomes more important than doing something because I have to or getting something for it. The world of technology is moving at breakneck speed and we all need to be on board not so we're at the cutting edge, but so that we can just keep up.

As a teacher, it is important to not only be able to keep up with our students but also to be able to incorporate all of these new technologies in our education system. Students are always connected, the world is now connected so we need to be as well.

I look forward to learning these new ways of connecting as I go through "23 Things".

3 comments:

  1. Ok...I cannot resist mentioning something about these pictures you are incorporating in your blog posts. They are hilarious! It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How true..."we all need to be on board not so we're at the cutting edge, but so that we can just keep up". Just as we catch up, there is something new just on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete